Are you feeling stressed, trying to fit everything into your family's life?
Whether it's the bustle from the holiday season or a typical Monday afternoon, it seems like there's no escaping the constant demands.
But in this episode of The Child Whisperer podcast, you'll discover helpful tips to determine just what's really important—true to your Energy Type.
- Type 1: If things feel too stressful, you might not be having enough fun! The answer? Approach your responsibilities in a light, fun, and fresh way to keep them from feeling heavy.
- Type 2: You may be determining the value of something by how much you worry about it. This can cause unnecessary stress! Since we only worry about the past or future, bring yourself into the present moment often to create more peace.
- Type 3: Your tendency to focus on results may be what's driving your perception of importance. Discern whether or not it needs to be important to your whole family. This will help prevent your family from running on your personal energy and going into overdrive.
- Type 4: Your natural efficiency, structure, and order can be a beautiful gift in the family system. Make sure you are honoring each family member's different Energy Type. Doing this creates balance instead of requiring them to function at your level.
Use this simple formula to reevaluate what you think is important:
1. Ask yourself, "Is it adding joy to my life or causing me stress?"
2. If it's not bringing you joy, determine if it's important or not.
3. If it's not important, let it go.
4. If it is important, change your approach to it.
Listen for Carol's answers to these following questions:
- A Success Story: How I helped my Type 4 child de-clutter and donate his toys without a fight (Listen at 12:29)
- My four-year-old who is a Type 2 wants me all to herself and gets upset whenever I talk to her dad or sister. What can I do? (Listen at 13:36)
- How do I parent my Type 4 teen who is suicidal? (Listen at 16:40)
- I have a Type 1 son who watches too much TV. How do I break the habit? (Listen at 21:07)
- My Type 3 son is resisting doing things on his own because I can do them faster. How do I encourage him to be independent? (Listen at 25:00)
- How can I help my eight-year-old daughter who struggles with anxiety? (Listen at 28:27)
- My Type 2 son is seventeen years old and has been viewing pornography for years. He wants to stop. How do I honor his slower movement yet help him heal at the same time? (Listen at 31:53)
- My Type 3 teenage son takes over parenting his younger siblings. How do I help him let it go and let me be the parent? (Listen at 34:07)
- How do I support my Type 1 daughter who is fifteen years old and feels as though people think she's stupid? (Listen at 35:59)
- What can I say to assure my three-year-old Type 1 son that I'm happy? (Listen at 41:55)
(Not sure which Type of child you're raising? Get The Child Whisperer)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- It's Just My Nature
- Remembering Wholeness
- How to Know Which Holiday Traditions Are Worth It
- Change Your Brain, Change Your Life, by Dr. Daniel Amen
- Can Type 1s Dress Their Truth AND Be Professional? Gina's Before & After
- Join Lifestyle, a premium membership for all Energy Types
- Discover Your Energy Type for Free
- Meet me live on Dec 6th, in Orlando, Florida!
- How to Minimalize Meltdowns for Every Type of Child
Thank you for listening and for striving to honor the children in your life!
Where are you stumped in your parenting? Send me your question or call in and ask me live on the air, 347-777-1963, every Monday at 1 pm MT!
Subscribe on iTunes. I guarantee if you listen, you'll get answers you need.
Join The Child Whisperer parent community! Each Facebook group connects you with other Child Whispering parents who also have the Type of child you're raising: Type 1 child, Type 2 child, Type 3 child, Type 4 childImage courtesy of Adobe Stock