You want an incredible style that works for your life and fills you with confidence – but how do you develop a look that is uniquely you?
In the Dressing Your Truth program, I teach you about the four Energy Types. Each Type has its own quality of movement and keywords that express this quality.
Type 1 Keywords: Bright, Animated, Upward, Light, Buoyant, Crisp, Fresh, Fun
Type 2 Keywords: Subtle, Soft, Fluid, Flowing, Relaxed, Blended, Muted
Type 3 Keywords: Rich, Dynamic, Active, Textured, Angular, Substantial, Swift
Type 4 Keywords: Bold, Striking, Constant, Still, Firm, Simple, Structured, Clean
These keywords not only serve as a reminder of your true nature but also as a guide for all your style choices.
Using keywords that you feel uniquely express you, you are ready to use my no-fail 2+1 formula to create your unique style.
- Choose 2 words from your dominant Type that you identify with. Words that describe your personality or style, as it is now or what you’d like it to be
- Choose 1 word from your secondary Type
That’s all there is to it!
My keywords would be: Dynamic, Edgy, Structured
Dynamic and edgy are my dominant Type 3 keywords. Structured is my secondary Type 4 keyword.
- Dynamic: I want my outfit to have a level of interest, so I wear dynamic patterns.
- Edgy: I wear a lot of texture, I stack my bangles, and at 61 I shave part of my head! That’s edgy!
- Structured: My design lines have a more structured quality to them.
Each of the Dressing Your Truth Experts use the 2+1 formula. Here’s an example of four of them:
Type 1/4 Expert Jaleah’s Style Keywords are: Bright, Fun, Grounded
Bright and fun are Type 1 keywords. Grounded is her secondary Type 4 keyword.
- Bright: “I love that my closet is full of happy colors! All bright and wonderful. I love standing out a little bit more than if I were to wear the usual black/grey. I own my power that the bright colors give to me.”
- Fun: “I love elements of fun or animation. An interesting design line in the shirt, a random pattern, a bright gold pop with my jewelry. Anything that gives my outfit more life.”
- Grounded: “I love bringing in a grounding aspect in my outfit with my secondary 4. Whether it be a brown or blue shoe, a simpler accessory piece, a structured jacket: something to bring the outfit back to earth, just a little bit.”
Type 2/1 Expert Jeny’s Style Keywords are: Relaxed, Blended, Animated
Relaxed and Blended are Type 2 keywords. Animated is her secondary Type 1 keyword.
- Relaxed: “I love to let my hair down and relax. I feel that when I’m fully relaxed and comfortable, it invites others around me to take a breath and feel calm.”
- Blended: “I love to see all the pieces of my clothing and accessories work together to bring forward my beauty and bring light to who I am and my face and eyes, rather than the clothing I choose to wear.”
- Animated: “Whether it’s a little sparkle of jewels or movement of several stones in a necklace as accessories in my outfit, or adding patterns of small fun prints in my shoes or clothing, I love to add animation to my style.”
Type 3/2 Expert Sarah’s Style Keywords are: Active, Dynamic, and Soft
Active and Dynamic are Type 3 keywords. Soft is her secondary Type 2 keyword.
- Active: “I am an active person, so I like clothes that I can move with me. I also interpret this word to mean creating movement. So I like my clothes to have something going on with them, not just a basic look.”
- Dynamic: “I like things that are dynamic in nature: layers, different fabrics, and textures used to create an interesting look. I often add a layering piece to my outfits.”
- Softness: “My Type 2 secondary brings in softness to my personality and my look. I like things that have an element of softness in them. Either in the lines created or the fabric used. I feel like that little bit of softness brings elegance to my edge.”
Type 4/3 Expert Deborah’s Style Keywords are: Sophisticated, Bold, Edgy
Sophisticated and Bold are Type 4 keywords. Edgy is her secondary Type 3 keyword.
- Sophisticated: “I want my overall look to represent my confidence in who I am as a woman, the stage of life I’m in, as well as my sound knowledge and understanding of fashion and style. At any level of dress, I like to wear what I would consider classic, high quality, well thought out, and classy. Not too much, not too little but just right and always classy!”
- Bold: “Even though I’m not comfortable standing out, I also don’t want to blend in. I compliment the already bold T4 color palette with bold jewelry or bold pattern. It’s important for me to balance the boldness. So, if I wear bold jewelry, I keep my patterns subtle or go with solid colors. If I wear a bold pattern, then my jewelry choices are simple and/or smaller.”
- Edgy: “I have to bring in some edginess to my look by adding items that are trendy, innovative, or even a little daring. This helps make the classic look that I love my unique style and less age defined. So in other words, I don’t dress like your average 50-something woman!”
Use the 2+1 formula! Share in the comments your new Style Keywords and how this formula is helping you to develop and refine your style.
I can’t wait to hear about your results!
PS. The Dressing Your Truth Style Kit is your cheat sheet for shopping success! With your 2+1 Style Keywords and your Style Kit, you’ll have a stress-free, mistake-free shopping experience. Get yours today!