Where are you in your experience with makeup? Are you a newbie, or are you an old pro who’s been wearing it since you were a teen?
Makeup accentuates your natural beauty, and sometimes you have questions about how to get it right! In this recording of Makeup Talk, DYT Experts Anne and Anna K answered all your questions. They’re timestamped below so you can easily search for what you need:
- (0:57) Type 1 women look fabulous in shimmer and sparkles. But as I get older, can I wear sparkle?
- (3:41) Are there any exceptions to the rule that Type 4 women can’t wear brown in their makeup or hair? How does this work for eyebrows?
- (6:14) Can a Type 1 or Type 3 pull off black false lashes?
- (8:19) Can a Type 2 go bolder with their makeup colors, or do they always need to stay “light”?
- (10:20) I’m a Type 1 and have to wear a uniform and hairnet at work. I only have my makeup to show my Type 1—what can I do?
- (12:00) I’d love to know about oily skin and how to prevent your makeup from melting off your face, especially in summer. Any tips?
- (16:15) Are the colors in the Type 1 Eyeshadow Pallet frost or matte?
- (19:57) What’s a good eyebrow color for a Type 4 who has gray hair?
- (20:58) Can all Types pf women wear bronzer, or is that more of a Type 3 thing?
- (23:17) I’m a Type 4 and have a more hooded eye. How can I get a good liner for my eyes?
- (25:27) What do I use under my eyeshadow to help it stay all day?
- (27:27) What are the benefits of using an eyelash curler? (Anna K teaches you exactly how she uses this—lots of great tips in here!)
- (31:37) How do you know which colors will go well together for eyeshadows?
- (34:24) What’s the most natural way to help your eyebrows grow back or “fake” them once they’re gone?
- (36:17) What’s the best minimal makeup look for a Type 3/4? (Carol weighs in for this one!)
Ladies, let’s see your #MOTD (Makeup Of The Day) in a picture below! We love seeing your comments come through.
Video tutorials mentioned during this event:
- Sparkle All Day with Our Frosted Makeup Tips
- How to Do Ombre Lips True to Your Energy Type
- Eyebrow Coloring 101
- Watch all the Lifestyle eyeshadow tutorials here!
- A Makeup Expert’s 5 Makeup Must-Haves
Products mentioned in this recording (all on sale during Makeup Month):
- Anna K mentions the Smudger Brush, Blender Brush, Kabuki Brush, Angled Brow Brush, Brow Duo Brush, Large Shadow Brush, & the Beauty Blender
- Type 1 Tiara Lipstick
- Retextur Creme Face Primer
- Oil Control Blotting Powder
- Two-Way Foundation
- Bronzer for Your Type of Beauty
- Type 4 Black Felt Eye Liner
- Lash Curler
- Babe Lash
- Studio Blend Cover Foundation
- Grab your own Annmarie Skin Care Sample Kit today!
The month of May is Makeup Month at Dressing Your Truth! All makeup is on sale in any orders you place during May.