Can trauma change your Type? Do depression and anxiety look the same across all 4 Energy Types?
You’ll learn more about these topics in this broadcast of Type Talk, but first, I profile the two main characters from the classic movie, Casablanca:
Here’s a list of all the questions asked during this event—they’re timestamped so you can easily find them when you rewatch this video in the future!
- (8:52) You mentioned every Type needs downtime, not just Type 2 and Type 4. What does downtime look like for all the 4 Types?
- (14:24) Can a Type 4 be low contrast in their facial features, such as fair skin and fair hair?
- (15:26) Do depression and anxiety affect each Type differently? And can it affect how we Type ourselves?
- (20:10) How can I stay true to my Type 4 nature when I’m in a social setting that requires me to be more outgoing?
- (21:27) Do you see your secondary Energy Type in your face as well?
- (22:56) Can a traumatic incident change your Type, or does your personality change to accommodate the trauma?
- (23:30) If you’ve repressed your true Type for a long time, what are physical health issues that show up for each Type as a result?
- (27:40) I’m a Type 3 and I get along great with everyone in my office—exept one woman. When I’m around her, I retreat and feel very self-conscious. How do I work on this?
- (29:11) Is it beneficial to make ourselves do everything true to Type?
- (30:17) I lost my job recently—the atmosphere was smothering. It’s not practical to go back to school for a degree at this point, but I want to work in this field. Help!
- (31:32) What do you do when the mind is just “stuck”? You know what you need to do, but you feel blocked?
- (32:11) I’m a Type 2 and have gained more than 40 pounds since starting Dressing Your Truth five years ago. Is this connected?
- (33:33) I’m a Type 1/2, and I have a hard time staying true to myself. How do I avoid adapting to others to keep them happy?
- (35:36) How can you tell when it’s correct to lean into your Type’s natural tendencies and when to be mindful of its challenges?
- (37:47) What’s the difference between Type 1 starpoints and Type 3 angles?
- (39:02) I have a lot of behaviors that line up with my Type, and a lot that don’t. How do you tell the difference between learned behaviors and those that are natural?
What did you think of this event? Leave a comment and share your favorite part of this show. You’re sure to inspire others with your “aha” moment!
I recently launched The Carol Tuttle Healing Center. The video sessions and healing plans I’ve created will help you heal any of the issues above—and a hundred more. I invite you to start your first healing session today.
Healing sessions and resources mentioned in this broadcast: