In an era of “bigger is better,” it’s easy to wonder if what you’ve got is enough.
We live in a culture where larger breasts seem to be considered more beautiful than smaller breasts. Movies, magazines, and social media all contribute to reinforcing this attitude. Also, the increase in breast augmentations has certainly put the thought into a lot of women’s minds, “Should I go bigger?”
But, augmentation is not the answer or the desire for everyone. It’s important to recognize that the ideal bust size is subjective. Aren’t we glad that bras don’t come in one-size-fits-all?
Kudos for you if you’re the type of woman who embraces the mantra, “Good things come in small packages.”
The upside of a small bust!
Here’s the upside; women with a smaller bustline have an easier time than their more endowed counterparts when it comes to finding a proper fit. In addition, having a smaller chest also means you have more clothing options available to you as you make the most of the figure you have while creating your own personal style.
It’s not about looking bigger; it’s about proportion.
The goal for smaller-busted women is not a matter of emphasizing or de-emphasizing, it’s a matter of choosing clothing items that allow you to achieve a beautiful and proportional silhouette.
Here’s a quick list of what to look for & what to avoid when dressing a small bust:
- Choose jewel, boat (bateau or Sabrina), cowl, or moderate V- necklines.
- Consider button-down shirts with pockets over the breast.
- Look for shirts with added texture or beadwork at the neckline.
- Wear scarves, to add more visual volume to your top half.
- Skip the bra! Seek out a professional bra-fitting or learn how to measure yourself for a bra.
- Settle for just wearing a sports bra! A properly-fit bra (padded or not) helps with creating a proportional silhouette and promotes good posture.
- Wear tops or dresses with low-cut necklines.
- Be afraid to wear ruffles, lots of necklaces, or bigger buttons. Whereas these elements would be difficult for a large-chested woman, you’re free to pile on the accessories!
Above all, love the body you have.
Whether you have small breasts, a bigger chest, pear-shaped or apple-shaped body, love your shape and dress it to express who you are, and you’ll be amazed at how much more confident you’ll feel!
Ready to learn more about your Type of beauty and how to look your best—no matter your body shape?