Want to fall in love with your partner all over again? Here's an idea to get the romance flowing: write them a love letter.
This simple activity can create an abundance of connection and intimacy between you both.
Speak in their language, true to their nature
When it comes to writing letters and giving cards, we often give what we'd like to receive. But when you know the Energy Type of those you love, you can express that love in a way that truly honors your partner for who they are!
So grab a piece of paper and your favorite pen, and use the key words from each Energy Type to think of all the ways your partner has brought more positivity and joy into your life!
Focus on fun with your Type 1 partner
Type 1 Key Words: Fun, spontaneous, fresh, light, random, and playful.
Here are some ideas you can include in your letter:
- "I'm grateful for your natural ability to have fun."
- "I love how you keep things light and random."
- "You help me look at life in a new, creative way."
- "You bring a smile to my face when you (fill in the blank)."
- "I still laugh when I think about the time when you (fill in the blank)."
Bring out your romantic side with your Type 2 partner
Type 2 Key Words: Connected, comfortable, intimate, gentle, calm, and relaxed.
Here are some ways you can thoughtfully share your appreciation in your letter:
- "I love your attention to detail, especially when (fill in the blank)."
- "I love how you easily share your emotions and thoughts."
- "You bring a sense of peace and calmness to our home."
- Recall the details of when you first met and/or fell in love.
- Share your appreciation for the way they planned something in your relationship.
Passion and adventure...sounds like your Type 3 partner
Type 3 Key Words: Active, reactive, physical, passionate, intense, and practical.
Affirm the ways that their Type 3 nature has made a substantial impact in your world:
- "I love your determined spirit."
- "Your drive to get things done inspires me."
- "You are a natural leader."
- Share a time when you admired a risk they took.
- Acknowledge their hard work and effort.
Refine the romance with your Type 4 partner
Type 4 Key Words: Classic, bold, refined, deep, simple, and reflective.
Your Type 4 partner will love hearing that their gift of perfecting is appreciated and helpful.
- "I am grateful for your gift of reflection."
- "I always feel safe around you and know you will listen when I share personal experiences."
- "It impresses me how thorough you are."
- Share a memory that made you smile and truly appreciate their intellectual connection to the world.
- Thank them for their grounded presence in your life.
We'd love to hear how these ideas helped you write a perfect love letter to your partner.
In the comments below, tell us what you included in your letter! It may inspire someone else.
Want to discover more ways to communicate effectively with your partner? Enroll in our Rewarding Communications Course for only $12.95, and get access to hundreds of additional videos to help you understand you and your partner's Energy Type!