You’re a stay-at-home mom and you love your non-stop, messy, beautiful life.
But you find yourself saying, “I don’t need to dress up today since I’m just staying home!”
You don’t want to wear your “nice” clothes—because they’re just going to get dirty anyway from your toddler’s peanut-butter hands.
Becoming a mom changes your life forever, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up everything you love.
While it’s easy to slip into a fashion slump as you care for your children, most women actually admit they feel better when they make themselves a priority.
So whether you want to keep your style, or you need to find it again after being in a slump, we’ve got you covered!
Here are 5 fashion tips to help you keep your style at any stage:
- Maintain a real hairstyle. You see women with beautiful hairstyles and think, “I wish I could do that!” Guess what? You can! A real hairstyle is easier to get than you might think. You deserve to give yourself about 10-15 minutes every few days to wash, blow-dry, and style your hair with products. Do an Internet search for hairstyles you love, and schedule an appointment with your stylist.
- Put on some makeup. I know what you’re thinking: “I don’t have time to wear makeup every day!” Listen, girl. You do have time, especially because it can take as little as 5 minutes to put on some mascara, blush, and lipstick. Every time you look in the mirror, you’ll feel more confident. (Want to make sure you’re picking out colors that will work perfectly for you? We’ve made it simple with these new makeup kits.)
- Keep wearing jewelry. With little hands grabbing at you, it’s easy to give up jewelry. But it doesn’t have to be all-or-nothing. Your favorite necklace even with a tank top and skinny jeans will make you feel like yourself again! (We have a variety of jewelry pieces in the Dressing Your Truth Online Store. Buy yourself something simple for when you’re home, and a fancier piece for when you’re out on a date!)
- Avoid the black trap. It’s easy to default to buying black clothes. They’re easy to find, and most women believe that it looks good on everyone! But the truth is most women feel weighed down by the color black, and it actually makes you look more tired. The solution? Purchase clothes with color. You’ll feel more upbeat and alive, and your closet will be a lot more fun to play with!
- Shop alone occasionally. When you shop with others, there’s a good chance that you’ll ask, “Does this look good on me?” Every time you do this, you lose your sense of style and fashion, bit-by-bit. You have a Beauty Sixth Sense, and when you pay attention to it, you intuitively know what looks and feels good on you. Shopping alone occasionally allows you a chance to keep that growing.
These simple style tips can even help you be a better mom.
A woman’s self-esteem cannot be separated from her feelings and attitude about her body and appearance. If your self-esteem is suffering, your child’s self-esteem will suffer too.
When you look good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you’re able to be a better mom.
Let’s look at two moms who got themselves out of the mom fashion slump:
As you can see, Marlaine and Cynra are gorgeous already. But with just a few small changes that honor their natural beauty, they went through a transformation that supports them inside and out.
Give yourself the style and fashion support you need. Take my free Dressing Your Truth Before & After course! It’s a system that helps you create your unique personal style based on discovering your Energy Type.
Start your free Before & After!